"Living on a Barrier Island - A Workshop for Real Estate Professionals"
Speakers: The NC National Estuarine Research Reserve's Coastal Training Program
(Time: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM)
This is a 4.0 Hour Elective - FREE for BCAR Members
Participants will learn:
- How barrier islands are unique from an ecological and geological perspective;
- About the rules and policies that govern development on barrier islands;
- About beachfront preservation efforts in Brunswick County;
- About the Coastal Barrier Resources Act and updates to the National Flood Insurance Program and;
- About native plants that are effective in stabilizing sand dunes.