The Brunswick County Association of REALTORS® “BCAR Cares” Task Force recently teamed up with Shallotte Rotary Club to collect books for the Rotary Club’s Little Library, located in Mulberry Park. BCAR members collected over 600 books for donation in just three weeks, enough to keep the library full throughout the summer.
“Most people know reading is important, but it’s easy to forget that not everyone has easy access to quality books. The Little Library is one way we can help make books available at no cost to people in our community who need them,” said BCAR CEO Cynthia Walsh. “Many Shallotte Rotarians are also REALTORS®, so this partnership came very naturally.”
BCAR members who supported BCAR’s Book Drive include:
- Joey Polino, ASAP Realty
- Hannah Coe, Berkshire Hathaway Holden Beach
- Danielle Stewart, Berkshire Hathaway Holden Beach
- Melanie Doan, Berkshire Hathaway Holden Beach
- Janet Coster, Carolina Coastal Real Estate
- Carrie Higgins, Coastal Carolina Outreach
- Susan Forrester, Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage
- Amy Crooks, EXP Realty
- Gay Atkins, Proactive Real Estate
- Sally Vanjoske, Proactive Real Estate
- Dale Lepovestsky, Shallotte Rotary Club
- Nancy Boston, Shallotte Rotary Club / Carolina Plantations Real Estate
The BCAR Cares Task Force is a group of BCAR members working to create programs that all BCAR members can participate in to give back to our community. If you know of an organization that the BCAR Cares Task Force should consider supporting as a part of our Cares Program, please complete the application on our website, https://bcarnc.com/home/bcar-cares/.
The Little Library was built by the Shallotte Rotary Club in 2020 so local children would have easy access to free books. For more information about the Shallotte Rotary Club, visit https://www.shallotterotaryclub.com/.