The Brunswick County Association of REALTORS® “BCAR Cares” Task Force recently collected donations for Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc. (BSRI), a local non-profit that supports the needs of Brunswick County residents over the age of 50. During BCAR’s Boosting Care Drive in May, REALTORS® collected over 500 bottles of Boost Liquid Nutrition and $1,000 for BSRI, which operates Brunswick County’s senior centers and provides nutrition services, transportation, support groups and more.
“Brunswick County’s senior community makes up about a third of our county’s population, and our members jumped at the chance to give back to the community in which they live and work,” said BCAR CEO Cynthia Walsh. “Liquid nutrition supplements are an important but expensive resource, and we were more than happy to support this worthy cause.”
In 2022, 32.3% of Brunswick County’s population was over 65, according to data from the N.C. Association of County Commissioners’ 2022 Map Book. Additionally, Brunswick County had the second highest percentage of residents over 65 in North Carolina.
The following BCAR members supported the effort, including:
- Amy Crooks, EXP Realty
- Ben Styers, Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage
- BJ Ellender, Margaret Rudd & Associates
- Bob Bates, Intracoastal Realty
- Cathy Riddle, REMAX at the Beach
- Charlene Cole, Southern Realty Advantage
- Corey Riley, D R Horton
- Dan Riley, Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage
- Dani Kinstle, Blue Chip Real Estate
- Diane Holbrook, Coastal Development and Realty
- Fred Gainey, NorthGroup Real Estate
- Heather LaMora, Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage
- James Brown, Atlantic Realty Professionals
- Jim White, Sea Oats Real Estate
- Karen Throckmorton, Integrity Home Mortgage
- Martha Lee, Martha Lee Realty
- Pat Wisdo, Coldwell Banker Sea Coast Advantage
- Sally Vanjoske, Proactive Real Estate
- Shallotte Rotary Club
The BCAR Cares Task Force is a group of BCAR members working to create programs that all BCAR members can participate in to give back to our community. If you know of an organization that the BCAR Cares Task Force should consider supporting as a part of our Cares Program, please complete the application on our website, https://bcarnc.com/home/bcar-cares/.
For more information about Brunswick Senior Resources, Inc., visit https://bsrinc.org/.